A non-profit hotel on Kilimanjaro dedicated to
funding the Stella Maris School for orphaned and impoverished children
Welcome to our Moshi Hotel!
The Stella Maris is a new 25-room lodge conveniently located on the main road from Kilimanjaro International Airport just before reaching the climbing and safari capital of Moshi. Just 25 minutes from the airport, the Stella Maris is situated in the peaceful village of Mailisita, on the outskirts of Moshi itself. All rooms are ensuite with private balcony views of Kilimanjaro, air-conditioning and satellite-TVs. Guests enjoy access to PCs and free Internet WiFi service throughout the lobby and dining areas.
The Lodge and the adjacent Stella Maris English-Medium Primary School were built by the people of Mailisita in partnership with the Mailisita Foundation – a US-based orphan relief organization. The income from the Lodge goes exclusively to paying the teachers and buying food for the children. So not only is the Stella Maris a beautiful place to relax, but your stay directly helps the underpriviliged children of the local village. You can hear their happy songs while enjoying your morning fresh-brewed Kilimanjaro coffee!
You can learn more about the history of the effort to build the school and lodge at Mailisita.org.
Our Guests The Stella Maris Lodge serves a
variety of travellers
1. Kilimanjaro Climbers – We have a prized location near the Mchame trail
head and a quiet and restful location for pre and post climb.
2. Safari visitors – Being the closest Moshi-area hotel to the airport
provides our safari guests with shorter trips to transportation and the major
3. Volunteers – Medical and teaching volunteers become extended-stay guests
as they serve the surrounding community or the orphan and impoverished children
our school nurtures and educates. (if you would like to volunteer at our school, inquire at Mailisita.Foundation.US@gmail.com)
4. You! Whatever it is that draws you to this beautiful place, we would like
to share the experience with you and help you to experience Tanzania in a
genuine and authentic way.
The Stella Maris Lodge is more than just an excellent place to stay...
- Conference Facilities -- In addition to being a tourist destination, the Stella Maris has conference facilities for hosting professional meetings of up to 50 participants.
- Weddings -- Our beautiful grand hall is quickly becoming THE place to host your wedding or special event!
- Restaurant & Pub -- With an unobstructed view of Kilimanjaro's majestic summit, our top floor pub makes a perfect setting to share the days experiences with fellow travellers.
Click here to see more views of the facilities
See us at facebook.com/StellaMarisLodge.